Smit Textile. Mark of tradition and innovation.
Understanding the market and its requirements: the basis of our technology.
The new single rapier loom ONE has been presented at the ITMA 2011 in Barcellona
Smit Textile, leader in design and manufacturing of dynamically controlled flexible ribbons rapier looms, presents the new loom ONE, new technical evolution based on the GS series, already appreciated worldwide for its ease of use and high performances. The weft insertion performed by a single rapier and the numerous improvements in mechanic and electronic groups increase the already high quality standards and ensure: Flexibility, Versatility, Energy Saving, Dedicated Technical Solutions.
Highest versatility and efficiency in terms of weft insertion, ergonomics in style changing, flexibility with the widest range of fabrics, low rates of consumption are the answers to market demands by the new Smit Textile ONE.
Fabrics for fashion, for furnishing, for technical applications, classic fabrics with exclusive yarns and patterns, are today woven with excellent quality and high efficiency on ONE.
Thanks to Smit Textile “dynamically controlled” flexible tape rapiers system, combined with the development of advanced “mechatronic” solutions enhancing the weft insertion, the results obtained with ONE offer decisive competitive advantages, not only in the most sophisticated clothing and furnishing sectors, but also in fields such as those of technical fabrics for safety applications, glass fabrics for electronics, fabrics for filters and for sportswear, in which complicated yarn are used requiring extreme regularity in the insertion process.
• A patented system performs the presentation of the weft always in the same position, ensuring an effective and repetitive hold
• The lack of weft transfer in the middle allows to work with very low weft tensions, thus increasing the insertion efficiency
• The use of a single gripper allows a reduction of the warp shed amplitude, thereby increasing the efficiency
• The lack of the left rapier generator decreases significantly the energy consumption of the weaving machine
• The weft insertion by a single rapier makes consistently easier the adjustments at article change, drastically reducing machines downtimes, allowing the use of yarn types so far not weavable on traditional rapier systems.